Head of Laboratory:
Senior Assist. Rumiana Staykova Nenova MD
Address: Sofia 1233; bul. Gen. Stoletov 44А; tel.: 02/931 23 22(24) ext. 236 Fax: 02/831 91 25
Senior Assist. Iskra Angelova Tomova, MD, PhD
Antonina Mlajova, biologist
Gatanka Rizova, medical assistant
Antoaneta Radeva, medical assistant
Yanka Yosifova, medical assistant
Emilia Pancheva, laboratory worker
- NRL SBP is the reference civilian laboratory in the country responsible for detection and investigation of suspected BT samples & LLD.
- Microbiological diagnosis of anthrax, tularemia, plague, brucellosis, cholera and Legionnaires, disease in humans
- Detection of Legionella spp in water samples
- EQAEs for microbiological labs based at the Regional Health Inspectorates
- Annual training courses for laboratory diagnosis of B anthracis, F tularaensis, Y pestis, Brucella spp., B mallei, B pseudomallei, V cholerae, and Legionella spp for laboratory specialists and PhD students
- Participation in EU projects funded by: Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (Chafea); European Center for Disease Control and Prevention (ECDC) etc.
- NRL SBP experts provide methodological assistance for laboratory diagnosis of emerging and re-emerging bacterial zoonosses & LLD in the country, as well as for investigation of outbreaks.
Head of the sector - Prof. Stefan Panaiotov, PhD
Senior Assistant Vladimir Tolchkov
Section "Bioinformatics and genome evolution of microorganisms"
Asc. Prof. Rumen Dimitrov