NRL of Measles, Mumps and Rubella
Head Assoc. Prof. Z. Mihneva, PhD
The activities of the NRL "Measles, mumps, rubella" is to clarify the role of the measles, mumps, rubella and human parvovirus B19 infectious in the country and includes a different diagnostics:
- Detection the etiology of outbreaks of these infections, differential diagnosis and testing of complicated cases such as neurological diseases, congenital infection, etc.;
- Sero-surveillance of potentially risk groups: women of childbearing age, medical staff, immunocompromised individuals, etc.;
- Testing different immunological status of: rubella pregnant women, included in the "in vitro" program and if necessary, by a medical certificate;
- Studying on the prevalence of human parvovirus B19 in the country and its participation in various clinical manifestations;
- Sero-survey of fever-rash cases and report data to the European Network for Measles/ Rubella (WHO/EURO);
- NRL "Measles, mumps, rubella" held annually twice of quality control of medical laboratories in the country, performing serologic tests for these infections.
NRL "Measles, mumps, rubella" is accredited by BAS-QA, certificate No: 235/14.10.2009, according EN ISO/IEC 17025.
NRL "Measles, mumps, rubella" takes part in international inter-laboratory control:
- Proficiency Test Panel WHO Region: EURO
- WHO/EURO REGIONAL MEASLES/RUBELLA LAB NETWORK